Wednesday 27 November 2013

The stuff that excites some people!


Click on the photo for a better look.

Only another mini person will understand why this is exciting.  My three paint colours arrived this morning!  Yeahhhhh!

I think the best way to approach this quarter scale malarkey is to 'finish' as much as possible BEFORE building the structure.  I just can't imagine fiddling about inside those small rooms.  So, right now, I am planning on doing all the painting and decorating and wiring and floor-laying and sticking in of doors and windows before I actually assemble the building.  I know this means being careful about not going over any edges that need to slide or be stuck.  I will just have to try and work that out as I go along.  If it gets tough I will  renege and bash on with the build and see where I go from there.

Right now, I am waiting for paint, wallpaper and flooring to even begin.  

Episode one - three paints arrive.

Aren't they just dinky.  Lovely, lovely paint company called Little Greene Paint and Paper.  In spite of their name, they are a 'life size' company, of course, but their sample pots are beautifully packaged in little glass jars - nice for keeping for touch ups and remixing.  Boxed beautifully, mailed quickly and a free 1/2" paint brush.  Best of all they have the very best range of colours I have seen bar none.  Their wallpaper is glorious - what I wouldn't I give to have it in 1/12th, 1/24th and 1/48th!  It will be going in my real home next year.

Today, when my chores budge over, I will be making a start.  Bit naughty really as The Gate House is now my (back-in-the-UK) summer project for 2014.  Those who follow my 'life' will know all our routines are topsy-turvy right now, so why not this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.