Saturday 13 September 2014

Organisation - paints, glue etc.

......  and a plea to business people to pass on stuff.

On our way home from Scotland last weekend we stopped to eat at one of those farm-type places that get known for their ice cream.  This was a bit of a cheat as it was bought in and not made there (!) but it came up trumps with these....



In the entrance were huge stacks of empty ice cream cartons with lids and a note saying - please help yourself and leave a donation in the Guide dogs for the blind box on the counter.  Dilemma two how much would be expected?  Dilemma one how many do I want?

Cost was easily and comfortably settled with my conscience because I just asked if 20p per box would be OK - they looked thrilled (!) and said anything was fine they just want to get rid of them.

Dilemma one - made the wrong decision on this.  I took ten of them thinking they might do for storage of some sort.  Curses!  This place is about three hours drive away and I want a zillion.  Why I didn't just take masses of them and stick them in the loft until I needed them?  I have no idea.

Meanwhile nine of the ten are in place in my quarter scale work cupboard.  I know I can re-arrange shelving better and get loads more stuff in but, for now, this is all I need for my new hobby....  and I only have one more matching box left!!!  Curses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.