Tuesday 2 September 2014

Gold paint tips from Carol Kubrican (True2Scale)

 gold finish. For reference, here is a link to the type of paint we used on the sample: http://www.dickblick.com/items/00620-9013/  I really like using Golden brand Artist Colors® Iridescent Gold (Fine) paint because of the fine pigments, fantastic metallic color and smooth coverage. Unlike most craft acrylics, it contains less liquid; helping to keep little wood pieces from warping. When applied in thin layers, it doesn't cover the laser engraved details found in some kits (like the bench kit). I also recommend the other metallic colors that Golden manufactures. 

Also for reference, I like to use Krylon brand UV Archival Varnish matte spray. This spray contains hindered amine light stabilizers (HALS) and UV Absorber (UVA) for the maximum in UV protection. Although I print all of our artwork with a printer and inks that are resistant to fading, I still recommend that customers use a spray that contains HALS and UVA to help preserve their work for future generations to enjoy.


I have put these in the tips section in both the quarter scale blogs if you need to find them again.  Thank you Carol.  

I don't know how people as busy as Carol and the Betterleys make the time to do this but we are so glad they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.