Thursday 16 October 2014

Christmas Decorations - A couple of makes

Here's a bit of a change from ''look what I bought'' - although that returns tomorrow with some stuff from Micromark...



The first item manages to be the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.  The Good being that is a beautifully made tiny little gingerbread house from Jane Harrop.  There are six in a pack with a ton of little hearts for gingerbread iced cookies.  I have seen them finished (by Jane) with little white iced edges, looking just like gingerbread should.  I repeat it is incredibly small - notice the end of the toothpick.  You know it is small when it is a Christmas decoration for a 48th property.

This house is not a block of wood; it is flat-pack, in three pieces, and needs constructing.

I think the Bad is pretty obvious - note the wonky roof and it is not even sitting on the base properly.

As for Ugly - well the 'glitter finish' certainly gets my ugly vote.

I don't want to use it as it is so I may have a go at dismantling it and trying again.

I am selling the other five houses and hearts on EBay!





Now, in contrast, I think these six Christmas Tree decorations are so sweet.  I painted the tree part green (as you can see), left the trunk plain wood and then felt-tipped the bases black.  Some bases are round, some are square. so they look even cuter when stood up in a group.

These come in a pack of twelve, so six of those are up for sale too..... and some Petite Property kits and a 1/12th brand new house and side addition and an electrified turntable.  My sales finish on Sunday.

Check out all of Jane's Christmas decorations, they are lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.