Tuesday 7 October 2014

Tools and stonework - Micro-Mark



Here are my buys from Micro-Mark.

The first is a much heftier piece of kit than I was expecting - a jeweler's saw ($10).  It is the only way I can think of to cut out extra windows or doors in quarter scale buildings, should I want to.  After the investment - here's hoping I will want to.

I also ordered two sets of blades - the fine and finest ...



I am certain the next piece of kit will get a lot of use - they are de-spruing tweezers.  I have struggled with getting the bits off the back of things like plastic cups.  Having tried scissors,knives and sandpaper I thought I should invest $10 in a tool.



I have previously bought brick sheets and roof sheets from micro-mark and was pleased with them so I thought I would take a look at a couple more in the same series.

This is the random stone.  I wanted this for inside the gate house archway where the walls hadn't been rendered and/or the tower and chimneys.  The stones do seem rather large but it is their O-scale and the others are spot on so it should be OK.  Hard to judge without my kit here.


The other is their cobblestone - for the ground inside the archway.  This looks promising.  They are nicely textured, not shiny and the colours are great - no having to paint white stuff.

I also bought some figures but you'll have to go to Les Roches to see those as I will be using them there.

It might be worth a mention - I heard from two different people that they don't know when I write in one place or the other and are forever playing catch up.  If you want to know when I do a new post for any blog you can just sign up to be notified by email (right hand column).  No-one sees your email address (including me) it is just an automatic link to the blog so that when something changes it emails you to say so.  You don't get stuck on some advertiser's list and, when you get fed up, every email has an unsubscribe click place on it so you can leave when you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.