Saturday 4 October 2014

Before you travel...

This is what you make just before bedtime on the night before you have to get up at the crack of dawn to fly across the Atlantic to another home for six months.....

but only if you are completely barmy......



Petite Properties - hope they look like stone

Petworth Miniatures - very nice mission end tables for my lamps


This was my favourite of the evening though.....  a truly lovely little Arts and Crafts table from Templewood Miniatures.  it makes a three foot round table in real life.  It is made of Cherry so all I do is give it one coat of matt varnish just to heighten the colour of the wood without changing it to much.


This first picture shows the incredible slotted joints - just like the real thing.  Here it isdrying ready for its top to go on.....


Here's the finished piece.  Just lovely quality.


Templewood Miniatures

Templewood is an English couple but they also do shows in the USA; indeed I shall be at their stand first thing in Philadelphia in November to see what Alan has brought along.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.